Friday, February 25, 2011

Basement Valences

So, this is one of the easiest projects I've done that makes the biggest difference!

The small basement windows didn't have coverings and it really bothered me that people could see in. My friend Jenn was selling some amazing drapes at our joint garage sale over the summer and I knew I had to have them. They are the exact feel of our basement entertainment room. Last weekend I dove in and made some quick valences that help the room come together a little more.

We have a lot more work to do in that room, but it's not a rush and we're having a lot of fun brainstorming ideas.

Here it is so far!


 This is our makeshift bar. It's sad looking, but it does the job.


And here's how I did the valences!


 Stitch Witchery is amazing! I'll never hem again....not like I did a lot of hemming in the first place. But still! My mom introduced this lovely product to me in my baton-twirling days :)
Thanks Mom.
 Cut the fabric to your liking, and get to ironing...


 And there ya have it

I put my suitcases to work. They will now house my fabric scraps!





It's a blizzard here. We had plans to go visit one of my best friends in Vail, but those plans have been postponed until the snow lets up! Eric and I are super bummed. Hopefully I can stay busy doing DIY projects this weekend instead of wallowing in disappointment.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...