Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chicken Curry Masala

Who likes Indian food??

Kelli and Eric, that's who!!

We are slightly obsessed with trying to figure out how to recreate our favorite Indian dishes. This post is especially cool because the mix that we used came from where else, but INDIA! One of Eric's friends at work is from India and knew that we are big, huge fans of their splendorous (just go with it) food. He so kindly brought us 4 yummy mixes to try. 
It took a couple tries to get it just right. Because, well, the measurements on the package are just plain wrong.
But it's all good. They tried. 

I think that there are some good mixes at the store if ya'll feel like giving this one a shot!


Start with the chicky
 Then simmer those mushrooms. We love mushrooms and add them to anything and everything.
Well, not everything.
I prefer my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without mushrooms on most days.

I put butter and garlic in the pan first. You should too.

Then the mix! 
And the RIGHT amount of water. 
Let's just say you don't get the same affect when it's curried water instead of sauce.
Yuck.


And the absolute best part of this meal is....the NAAN!!!
We had to travel to Colorado (Sterling to be exact) for these babies. 
Oh, the things we do for Indian food...

And the star of the show!

And the not-so-star of the show!
Eric thought it'd be good to add some greenery to the mix.
I embraced the experiment.
And of course, it was delish.



I have to be honest. 
This picture looks nastay.
But it's not, I promise.
I threw it all in the skillet and simmered it up.

Not sure why I have this picture.
Maybe I thought it was important to show the world (ha, small world that reads my blog) what the table looked like before the welcome invasion of Indian food

And there you have it! 



It was a successful meal and we both had happy plates by the end of it.
It wasn't quite India Palace (oh how I miss you), but it was close.

If you've never had Indian food, this is the easiest way to figure out! 
Get a mix at the store and whip it up. DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...