Saturday, April 23, 2011

Porch in Progress

While Eric was working on the fence, Jenn and I got to work on the porch! 
Could someone please tell me why the previous owner thought that the color...rust..
would look good with our house?
I really don't get it. 
So, I took matters into my own hands (and those of willing bystanders) and made a change. 

 I had just finished the first coat of paint. It looked so nice.
Until it started raining.

Thank goodness it had dried enough to be unharmed. 
 Jenn and I went to town on the demolition of the old porch. It was quite empowering! hehe
 It doesn't show up well in photos, but the deck is now a light gray.








Like I said, it's still in progress. 

Today, Eric put in black spindles, which look great. The next step will be putting white boards to cover up the space at the bottom of the porch. 
Get excited for the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...