Sunday, May 8, 2011

Raised Bed Garden

It's official, we have a garden! 

Here's how it went down...





 Sidenote, I planted a calla lilly...because I love them. I can't wait to watch this baby grow
 We decided to do raised beds because everything we read said that it's the best way to go.
We put in a handy dandy kneeling board on the sides so that I won't walk on the plants. Eric is a genius!
 We are working on bringing in dirt to fill the gardens up to the sides of the boards
 And another sidenote- Eric made me this planter a while back, so I planted some of my flowers in it. We plan to attach it to the fence.
I can't wait to get gardening soon! Sidney-ites say that they don't put anything (meaning vegetables) into the ground until Memorial weekend. I have a couple weeks to go!
And I have to give props to my fabulous husband. He dropped his fence project this morning to help me with this. It definitely wouldn't have happened without him and his sweet skills in building things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...