Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Week

You've probably noticed that I've been MIA for a while, so I thought I'd fill you in.
I am in Greeley, CO this week for an intensive play therapy training with Dr. Byron and Carol Norton. They are the founders and theorists behind experiencial play therapy, so I kind of feel like I'm training with celebrities! Quite an experience!
I've been here since Sunday and have learned an insane amount so far. It's definitely called an intensive for a reason! But I feel so lucky to be having this experience and gaining all of the knowledge that I have so far about play therapy. It will open so many doors for me, and the best part is that I'm passionate about it! I cannot wait to get to work in my practice with kiddos in Sidney.
The other cool thing about spending 6 days in Greeley is that I get to wake up every day to mountains out my window and the crisp mountain air. There's just nothing like it.
I was able to meet up with a good friend of mine, Sara, in Loveland yesterday evening for dinner. It was just perfect! And I'm picking up my BFF Jaime at the airport on Friday! She will be spending the weekend with us!
I have officially decided to go into full-time private practice doing primarily play therapy, but will also work with adults and families. It will be a huge change from the agency world, but it is a very welcome change. I'm energetic about going into the private practice arena and am looking forward to learning how to run a small business and enjoy the freedoms and challenges that it brings.
Overall, lots of exciting things happening now! I have a lot of fun DIY projects I'm looking forward to getting back to as well.
I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the last few days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...