Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Creamy tomato bacon pasta

I thought I'd share this delicious, creamy, bacony pasta with you. Again, I altered a recipe that I found. It's super easy and most of you have the ingredients already on hand...but get ready to wash a lot of pots!



Ah, the famous chef. Eric was trying to be artsy. How did he do?? hehe


hmmm, bacon. I am a firm believer that bacon makes everything better.


Sorry for the gross picture. I thought I'd show what it looks like in the end. However, I still haven't mastered the art of making food on a plate look appetizing.
I served this up with crusty garlic bread.
Enjoy!



Ingredients:
  • 5 Slices Bacon
  • ¼ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1 pound Rigatoni Or Penne Pasta
  • ½ cups Heavy Cream
  • ¼ cups Cream Cheese
  • ¼ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
  • 1 whole Egg
  • ¼ teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
  • Sundried tomatoes (as many as you want!)
In a skillet, fry the bacon. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. When done, remove bacon until cool enough to handle and roughly chop.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done.
Put cream and cream cheese in a small saucepan. Heat over low until cream cheese is melted, and whisk until smooth. Add the nutmeg. Remove from heat. Add the parmesan cheese, egg, and pepper and whisk until blended.
Drain pasta (reserving 1/2 cup of hot water) and return to pot. Immediately add the white sauce and toss to coat. The hot pasta will cook the eggs. Stir in the bacon and tomatoes, and add some reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...