Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chocolate Pecan Pie

So, I'm in love with chocolate pecan pie. It's my favorite kind of pie and always reminds me of family Thanksgivings. I'm pretty sure it was one of the many my Aunt Ann would bring over from Tippins in Kansas City. Ahhh, gotta love Tippins.

I have always been very intimidated by pie making... or really baking in general. So when I saw this on one of my favorite blogs, I just had to give it a try.  

And it was a success! You should REALLY make this. 
You can thank me later.

I should also mention that Eric doesn't like pecans, so I have eaten this pie by myself. I admitted it. It's out there.
Maybe this is why my "fitness" section has one entry :)

This is all you need...


It needs to bake for a full hour. But let me tell ya, it's worth it.

Yummmmo!




Chocolate Pecan Pie

One 9-inch (deep dish) unbaked pie shell
6-oz. (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter/margarine
2 eggs
Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar, brown sugar & flour. Blend in melted butter until smooth. Blend in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350* for 1 hour. This pie freezes well.



Thanks Rhoda!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...