Sunday, February 20, 2011

One reason why Sidney is so cool...

...you can ride your horse around town!

Maybe this is totally normal, but I was astounded when I was driving home from work the other day and saw 3 people on their horses trotting down my street.

Was it a parade?
Nope.

Was there an event, festival or horse show in town?
Nada.

Don't get me wrong, I love horses. I just don't enjoy dodging horse poo when I'm walking my dog. I'm upset that I didn't get capture this moment on my camera, but I was in a state of such shock that I couldn't run inside to grab it. You'll just have to believe me.

I guess I thought that it was against the law to have a horse roaming city streets. Not in Sidney! And that's one of the many reasons this place continues to amaze me :) Who knows, maybe I'll take up horseback riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...