There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, February 20, 2011

One reason why Sidney is so cool...

...you can ride your horse around town!

Maybe this is totally normal, but I was astounded when I was driving home from work the other day and saw 3 people on their horses trotting down my street.

Was it a parade?
Nope.

Was there an event, festival or horse show in town?
Nada.

Don't get me wrong, I love horses. I just don't enjoy dodging horse poo when I'm walking my dog. I'm upset that I didn't get capture this moment on my camera, but I was in a state of such shock that I couldn't run inside to grab it. You'll just have to believe me.

I guess I thought that it was against the law to have a horse roaming city streets. Not in Sidney! And that's one of the many reasons this place continues to amaze me :) Who knows, maybe I'll take up horseback riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...