Monday, February 7, 2011

Fabulous Flea Market Finds

Eric and I took a day trip to Ft.Collins on Saturday. We had the best time!

If you've never been to Ft.Collins, you MUST go. It's becoming one of my absolute favorite towns. Not only does it have amazing food and shopping, but you can see mountains! Hello!
We ate at Bann Thai for lunch- it was delicious! Oh, how I've missed thai food. And we ate at India Star for dinner. We shared chicken tikka masala, 2 rounds of naan bread and another chicken dish that I can't prounounce or type correctly.
It. Was. Amazing.
During the day, we went antiquing, fabric shopping, and of course, hit up Target. It was quite a successful day.
We did hit some ice on the way home and saw several pretty significant wrecks. We were very happy to have arrived home safely. Phew. 

Let me share what I found!


I've been searching for old suitcases for some time now. I struck gold on Saturday! Here's what I did with them...






I also found the perfect plates to hang in the kitchen...

 These are the coolest contraptions to hang plates! They just adhere to the back of the plate with a glue mixture. There are no wires showing like traditional plate hangers, and they're guaranteed to hold.




 It's just the look I was going for...subtle, but shabby chic.


And this is the fabric I got for the window treatments in the kitchen.

 I can't wait to make the valences!

I also got an old chair at a flea market that I am going to refinish, paint and recover.
This is the fabric I'll use to recover with (I forgot to take a picture of the chair. That'll come later).



I've been eyeing this vase for a while now. It was 50% off on this trip, so I gave in and bought it. It's the perfect addition to our living room!






SO, that's all for now! Stay warm!




We got another helping of snow for Super Bowl
Sunday, as I'm sure many of you did


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...