Monday, February 21, 2011

Crab Cakes

I love crab cakes, so I thought I'd share this yummy recipe with those of you who love them as well!

Suprisingly, this is a very inexpensive, quick fix meal. It looks quite involved, but it took me a total of 20 minutes to prepare. I can almost guarantee you that you can find all of these ingredients (except the crab) in your cupboard already! Do you believe me??


Start with your lump crab in a large bowl....
                                  Combine ingredients in bowl. It's as easy as that!
          
Last time I made these, I made my own bread crumbs. I didn't have as much time this go round, so I used Italian flavored bread crumbs that I had. I think I prefer the homemade bread crumbs, but if you're strapped for time, these will do.

                
                       Mold the Crab mixture into balls and roll 'em in the bread crumbs.
                                                            You're almost there!


Now, fry those babies up! I use about 2 Tbs of olive oil. Make sure to warm up the oil first. Then pop 'em in, listen to the sizzle, and get to taste these delicious cakes.

                                                          
                                       Eric is an excellent flipper :) And a happy one too!


                                                                             Tada!

 
                                          I was in the mood for a crab cake sandwich.
                                                Eric ate his with ranch dressing.
Sometimes I make coleslaw to go on top, but the crab cake dinner was a quick dinner decision, so I only used ingredients from my cupboard.




Crab Cakes
  • 1 package (6 Oz.) Lump Blue Crab Meat

  • 1 Tablespoon Fresh, Flat-leaf Parsley, Chopped

  • ½ teaspoons Mustard

  • ½ teaspoons Ground Cayenne Pepper

  • ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder

  • 1 teaspoon Mrs.Dash

  • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt

  • 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise

  • 2 whole Eggs, Slightly Beaten

  • 6 ounces, weight Buttery Round Crackers, Crushed

  • 1 cup Bread Crumbs, For Breading

  • ½ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil, For Pan Frying


  • Combine crab meat, parsley,  mustard, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, salt and pepper, mayonnaise, eggs, and crushed crackers. Form into small patties. Coat the patties with bread crumbs. Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook cakes until golden brown on each side, about 4-6 minutes per side. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...