Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Box Valences, Kitchen Style

Voila! The kitchen valences are complete!


My lovely hubby cut the ply wood to the width of the window. It was perfect! He is quite the handy man. And he enjoys doing it, which is the best part.

Once the wood was done, I cut the fabric and batting. I just made sure to have a couple inches on each side to pull over and staple.


 I bought cheap batting to put between the fabric and wood
 When I left for college, someone gave me a blue toolbox. I can't tell you how often I use those tools. Best graduation present by far. Anyway, this cute little blue staple gun was in that toolbox. You wouldn't think it would work that well, but boy does it ever! It was perfect for this project. 
If you don't have one, I'm sure you could use little nails to fasten down the fabric.
 I made sure to staple it very well in the corners so that nothing popped out later







And there we go! Just like that.



I'm very pleased with these valences. I think it makes all the difference in our kitchen. The space is really coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...