Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Nightstand, Reincarnated

So, one thing you'll learn about me, if you don't already know, is that I tend to jump into projects pretty fast. That's a shocker mom, isn't it? haha.

Well, I've been doing a lot better recently about taking my time, planning things out and giving it a lot of thought.

This project wasn't one of them. 

Hence why I didn't take a before or how-to pictures.

Luckily this not-so-thought-out project turned out alright. I was in a time crunch (set by me, of course) and I justified the quickness by telling myself that I can always paint over it if I don't like it! Which is so true by the way.



I had an old, old night stand that has been in the family for many years. Eric and I inherited it when we moved to Sidney. Why it hasn't been painted yet, I have no idea. But boy was it time.

I started by sanding it all down with a handy dandy electric sander. Ok, not all of it. But most of it. The legs were really hard to get to, so I didn't waste my time and I realized it didn't make a big difference.

 I am obsessed with the vintagey look of white-wash, so I researched (for a solid 2.5 minutes) how to do it. It said to use white stain....which I didn't have at my fingertips, so I made do.
 I lightly brushed white paint over the surface and then wiped off the excess with a rag.
I think it's pretty close!
We put it in our room, next to my side of course. It goes very well with the shabby chic look of the bedroom, so it's pretty perfect....for now. Who knows what color it'll be painted next.

Oh, and I didn't take a picture of our whole room because we just invested in a new, bigger bed and the new bedding has not arrived. Therefore, our room is not looking it's best. But that's OK, I'll be patient :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...