Monday, March 21, 2011

Herb Roasted Whole Chicken with Pasta

This chicken is heavenly. You must try it. 

I've never worked with a whole chicken before, so this was a bit of an experiment. Luckily, it turned out great! 

First, I put butter as far under the skin as I could. Then I slathered it on the top of the chicken and began adding herbs and garlic.

You can use whatever spices you would like, but I used rosemary, salt, pepper, parsley and thyme.
Then, I cut an onion in 4 chunks and a lemon in half. I stuffed these inside the chicken to help infuse the flavors as it cooked.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and cook for approximately an hour 
(depending on the size of chicken and heat of your oven)


And here ya have it! A perfectly roasted chicken.



I decided to pair the chicken with a creamy wine sauce over pasta.

So, I cooked up mushrooms, onions and garlic until soft.

Take them out of the skillet when soft and add butter and minced garlic

Saute garlic until roasted.
Then, add cream cheese until melted.
Finally, add in the wine and reduce by half.
Add the veggies and bring to a boil.

Sidebar: This was the cutest! Barkley sat there so diligently watching Eric cut the chicken. It probably took him 5-10 minutes to cut it all up and Barkley stayed in the same spot the whole time! He doesn't beg or eat people food, so I really think he was just loving watching his Dad use the big knife. hehe

And that's the final product!
 
I forgot to take a picture with the chicken on the pasta...but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...