Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies, PW Style

Eric and I went on a walk the other night.
While on the walk, I had an intense craving for chocolate chip cookies.
That's what exercising does to me.
I remember working out in college with friends and then getting Chinese takeout afterwards. Let's just say I am not cut out to be what we call "fit".

Anywho, we got on Pioneer Woman's amazing website and found a recipe for the cookies.
We had everything in the pantry so we went to 
work to satisfy my craving.


                 Eric read me the recipe from Pioneer Woman's website
He's joining in my obsession of all things Pioneer Woman
OK, maybe not quite to the obsession phase. But he'll get there.
                                              

And here they are! Looked just like PWs if I do say so myself



 Barkley helped stir in the chocolate chips.
He wishes


Pioneer Woman's Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup Margarine
  • 1/2 cup Butter, Softened
  • 1 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup White Sugar
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 2-1/4 cups Plus 2 Tablespoons, All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon (heaping) Instant Coffee Granules
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 Tablespoons Flax Seed, Slightly Crushed With Rolling Pin
  • 3/4 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup (heaping) Milk Chocolate Chips

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, stir together butter, margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and stir together.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, instant coffee, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients in batches, stirring gently after each addition. Stir in flax seed if desired.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and eat warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...