Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sausage Mozzarella Calzones

These are divine. You must try them.

I got the idea from where else but Pintrest! However, I put my own twist to it and really didn't follow the recipe at all.

First I cooked about a half pound of sausage and let it cool
 Then I mixed together a half jar of pizza sauce, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, chopped up chives from my garden, salt, pepper and lots o' cheese. I'm a cheese freak so I added a lot. This part is really up to you.
I used several kinds because that's how I roll.
It's mozzarella (duh), parmesan, and mexican blend.
 Doesn't that look appetizing?
 I used cheap store-bought biscuits.
I smooshed (yes, it's a word, geez) together two biscuits and then smashed it out to make a mini pizza-sized portion
Then put a healthy dollop of the mixture in the middle
Press all 4 sides together
 And that's my version of a calzone
Now bake according to the biscuit directions
 When you take them out of the oven, paint on a butter/garlic mixture and sprinkle with salt.
You won't regret it.
The next step is the best.
DIG IN!
These pocket-sized pouches are seriously amazing.



Now, I made these for lunch. With my new schedule, I can do things like that. 
However, if I made it for dinner, I would've had a caesar salad with these bad boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...