Saturday, July 2, 2011

Let the Bread Baking Begin- Ciabatta

While Eric and I were working on the rock bed project, I decided to put in a roast. In my opinion, crockpots were one of the best inventions of all time. Just put that baby in and in a few hours, you have dinner! Genius.



And another great invention? Bread machines. 
My Mom gave me a bread machine when we moved to Sidney. I've used it a couple times, but just recently I've been thinking- why on earth am I not using this thing more?! 
Eric and I are huge bread lovers, and it's so fun to try new recipes and have a delicious loaf around for the week. So, thanks Mom!
Our friends Angela and Dan took us to this amazing little bakery in Kansas City a couple weekends ago. We bought two huge loafs- ciabatta and cheese slipper. We can't stop talking about how good that bread was. SO, naturally, I thought I'd try to make some ciabatta of my own!
 The bread maker made the dough. So all I had to do was let it rise and bake it!


And voila!
That's one delicious loaf of ciabatta.

Again, that was all working, while we were working outside. 
For dinner? French dip sammies on ciabatta!

 You would've thought I was slaving away in the kitchen all day based on the tastiness of that meal. But nope, no slaving inside. Just outside.

And at the end of the day, Barkley and I passed out together watching HGTV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...